Root Canal Therapy – Pensacola, FL
Relieve Yourself from Tooth Pain
Thanks to TV shows and movies, root canal therapy doesn’t have the best reputation. However, despite what you may have seen on the big screen, root canal therapy is a virtually painless procedure that is used to repair damaged teeth and save them from being extracted. If you are eager to put an end to your tooth pain, we’ve got you covered! Give us a call to learn more about root canal therapy in Pensacola and schedule a same-day emergency appointment to get yourself some relief!
Why Choose Patriot Dental for Root Canal Therapy?
- Same-Day Emeergency Appointments Available
- Oral Conscious Sedation Available for Comfort
- In-House Dental Savings Plan
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
Having a toothache doesn’t always mean that you need root canal therapy, but it is one of the most common signs. This service is reserved for teeth that have become damaged, decayed, or infected to the point where they can’t be treated with just a filling or dental crown. Here are some common symptoms that could indicate that you need a root canal:
- Severe toothace or dental pain that has lasted for more than 24 hours.
- New or worsening tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures.
- Pain in one or more teeth when you bite down.
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- A pimple-like bump on the gums near the painful tooth.
If you have one or more of the symptoms listed above, contact our office to schedule a same-day appointment for emergencies.
The Root Canal Process
Root canal therapy saves teeth that are damaged and ultimately eliminates discomfort. First, you are administered a local anesthetic to ensure that you are comfortable during your procedure. The area will be made completely numb, so you won’t be able to feel a thing.
Once the area is numb, your dentist will make a small hole in your enamel and remove all of the damaged and infected tissue from the inside of your tooth. Afterward, he will clean and sanitize the tooth to ensure that it is completely free from bacteria.
Lastly, the tooth is filled with a biocompatible filling material. In many cases, a dental crown is placed over the tooth to keep it safe from additional damage
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Root canal therapy is a safe way to prevent further dental issues from arising later on. Some of the benefits include:
- Preserves Damaged Teeth: When compared to extractions, saving a tooth with root canal therapy can save you a lot of time, money, and future complications.
- Stop Harmful Bacteria: Root canal therapy cleans away harmful particles that are causing you pain and discomfort.
- Painless Treatment: Root canal therapy is virtually painless! It’s about as comfortable as getting a standard filling and requires much less healing time than an extraction.